I provide professional English editing and proofreading services of nonfiction documents to creative people who communicate their ideas in writing. From articles to books, no matter what you write, I’ll help your material evolve from rough draft to published work.
“Writing a book is an adventure.” — Winston Churchill
Even if it may not always be an adventure, writing is usually an exhausting trip. Now that you have your final draft, you deserve a break. I’ll edit your document so that it’s flawless, accurate, clear, coherent, and concise. Or, if it’s already edited, I’ll proofread it so that it’s ready to see the world.
- Business publications (reports, letters, proposals, white papers, e-books, training materials)
- Website content (blog posts, articles, buyer’s guides, how-to guides, product descriptions)
- Scientific documents (academic articles, presentations, research proposals, course materials, reports, dissertations)
- Nonfiction books (technical, travel, project management)
Preferred style manuals
- The Chicago Manual of Style (CMS)
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA Style)
- Associated Press (AP) Stylebook
What you should expect when you hire me
- High-quality results: If you’re not happy with my work, you don’t pay.
- Timely delivery: Throughout my career as a professional editor, I completed hundreds of contracts and always delivered my work before the deadline.
- Confidentiality: I don’t hire other people to edit or proofread my assignments.
- Effective communication: Having worked with hundreds of authors—academics, writers, engineers, entrepreneurs—I know how to ask the right questions to clarify project requirements, and how to answer questions without wasting the reader’s time.
- Stress-free collaboration: I’ll make it easy for you to tell me the project requirements, check my progress, provide feedback, and pay for my services.
- Transparent pricing: No hidden fees!
- Great value for money: My rates for editing and proofreading are in line with those recommended by the Editorial Freelancers Association. Repeat clients and postgraduate students benefit from discounts. All clients benefit from free grammar tips and free follow-up consultation.
- Free grammar tips: To help you improve your writing, I’ll give you tips on grammar, vocabulary, usage, and style.
- Free follow-up consultation: I’ll be available to answer your questions and explain my editing choices. If you have a question that requires a long answer (for example, What are the best books for improving academic writing?), I may turn it into a blog post, to help other people looking for the same information.