Each project is unique, so we’ll decide together the best approach for yours. However, typically, an editing project goes through three stages:
- Stage 1. I edit your document using a mark-revisions feature (“track changes” in Microsoft Word, for example) and insert comments to explain my major editing choices and ask questions.
- Stage 2. You review my work, accept or reject my proposed changes, answer my questions, add comments or questions, and return the document to me.
- Stage 3. I review the document again, make any necessary changes, and answer your questions. I’ll then send you two copies of your document: a clean copy with all changes applied and a marked-up copy (with track changes) for your reference.
Proofreading is straightforward, as it involves no rewriting or major changes, but I may still need to ask questions or add comments. Your questions are welcome at any stage of the project.
During our project, we’ll communicate via e-mail. I’ll send you regular updates and, for longer projects, I’ll place all project documents in a shared Dropbox or Google Drive folder so that you can check my progress in real time.
Please be available to answer my questions, or delegate a person I can contact if any questions arise during editing or proofreading.
Wondering if I’m the right fit for your project?
Of course you are! That’s why I’ll offer you a free editing or proofreading sample if I’m available to work on your project. Please note that I’ll choose a representative sample from your document, so send me an electronic copy of the whole manuscript. You’ll then review my work and decide whether I’m the language professional you’re looking for.
Contact me for a free editing or proofreading sample.
Get free sample
What you should expect
- High-quality results (100% quality guarantee)
- Timely delivery
- Effective communication
- Stress-free collaboration
- Free grammar tips
- Free follow-up consultation
Who will review your document
Unlike some providers of editing and proofreading services, I never outsource my work. When you hire me, you can be certain that I’ll be the only person who will view and edit your document.
Terms of service
Note: I provide only electronic, or on-screen, English editing and proofreading of nonfiction documents. If you have a paper manuscript, please get in touch so we can discuss your options.